Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sugar free Savoury Snacks

With a lack of cakes and biscuits at the moment we needed something savoury to snack on....

So firstly I made these Roasted Chickpeas from the fascinating FatFree Vegan Kitchen blog. I made them from dried chickpeas (rather than tinned) and they were really easy to make. I didn't add as much chilli as she suggests (I didn't want it too spicy!) but next time I would follow the quantities given as my ones could do with a bit more spice! Still they taste nice and are quite moreish.

Then I also made some Savoury Seeds, really easy to make and very tasty! Just take a few handfuls of mixed seeds (I used sunflower, pumpkin and flax) and dry fry them for a few minutes in a pan. Then add a half teaspoon or so of soy sauce and fry for a little longer. These are definitely very moreish and I fear I will have to make some more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment