Thursday 5 August 2010

Welcome!

Following a sudden realisation that we're eating way too many sweet things my hubby and I have decided to have a refined sugar-free August. So I've set up this blog to record how it goes and the recipes that we try.

The rules are - no refined sugar. To us that means no caster sugar, icing sugar, brown sugar, golden syrup, etc when we're cooking. Also it means not buying (and eating!) anything which contains glucose in it's various forms.  We've decided that honey and fructose are allowed although we shall try and keep these down too.

I think the most difficult challenge for me will be chocolate - I always have a piece (or two, or three...) of dark chocolate after dinner. It'll be a hard habit to break! For my OH I think the challenge is more to do with snacking as sweet things (such as biscuits, cakes) are so easy to snack on.

I hope you like the recipes and always appreciate any ideas you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment